POSITION SUMMARY: This position will be responsible for copywriting, editing, proofreading and quality control functions ensuring that all materials (printed and online) are carefully reviewed for accuracy, flow, clarity, typographical errors, and have correct spelling, grammar, punctuation. Marketing Copywriter/Proofreader will work closely with the marketing team to write engaging copy for direct mail, collateral, email, website, social media, and print advertising for both the consumer and trade environment.
• Create sales-driven copy to increase sales, leads/conversions, leveraging time-sensitive promotions
• Collaborate with the Marketing team to determine product presentations and promotional emphasis required. Coordinates with designers to produce desired tone, ensuring that copy is effective and fits in overall space
• Write and coordinates all creative copy for special projects, such as press releases, letters, direct mail, brochures, website, blogs, social media and other corporate material
• Edits, proofreads and fact-checks copy for brand consistency, clarity and accuracy
• Demonstrates a commitment to total quality and precision.
• Responds actively and responsively to the marketing/sales needs
• Has a strong sense of urgency -resourceful, productive and efficient
• Performs work in high-volume, fast-paced environment that requires meeting time-sensitive deadlines for print collateral, publications and online marketing
• Requires interaction and coordination with Marketing managers and the design team
• Needs to be organized, prioritizes and completes tasks within deadlines without supervision
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a creative team
• Five or more years of copywriting experience.
• Excellent written communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, Acrobat
• Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate effective teamwork
• Strong ability to be flexible and willingness to pitch in as necessary
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to manage several projects at once and meet deadlines
• Experience with Facebook, Twitter, Wordpress
• Bachelor's degree
• Experience in the travel industry a plus
• Writing samples required