From the ancient ruins of Rome to the modern masterpieces of Barcelona, the Western Mediterranean has long inspired the world’s great artists. Now it is your turn. Allow yourself to be swept away by the scent of lavender along a country lane in Provence or a romantic gondola ride through the canals of Venice. From the charming villages of the Tuscan countryside to the glittering promenades of the French Riviera, let the Mediterranean be your muse and Oceania Cruises be your guide.
Travel through history’s most dynamic region on remarkable adventures that unfold in the cradle of civilization. The stories of ancient gods are revealed across the Greek islands and the Acropolis of Athens is an icon of Western civilization. Explore the beautifully preserved medieval walled cities of the Adriatic or the glowing blue caves of the Ionian Sea on an adventure that you will never forget.
- Sip a glass of Chianti amidst the beautiful hills of Tuscany where this renowned wine is produced
- Discover the Andalusian character of Málaga during a traditional flamenco performance
- Follow in the inspired footsteps of Cézanne and Van Gogh as you explore the scenery of Provence in the enchanted area around Avignon
- Just south of Kotor, visit the walled city of Budva, one of the oldest settlements in the Balkans, dating back 3,500 years
- On Crete, visit the archaeological site of Knossos, the legendary capital of King Minos
- Visit Santorini’s highest peak, crowned by Mount Porfitis Ilias Monastery, for spectacular views of this gorgeous island and the Ionian Sea